2012/05/10

The Big Easy By Jasper Fforde

The Big Over Easy (Nursery Crime, #1)Title: The Big Over Easy
Author: Jasper Fforde
Series: Nursery Crimes #1
Rating: Save It

Synopsis: When Humpty Dumpty, local businessman and infamous lothario, is found dead beneath a wall outside his Grimm’s Road apartment, Detective Jack Spratt of the Reading (pronounced Redding) Nursery Crime Division (NCD) is called in to investigate.

My Thoughts:

This book was quite an interesting read to say the least. I think that I will be continuing on in the Nursery Crimes series. Jasper Fforde is just knows how to put the right blend of humors are serious content throughout this story.. His books are sorta like beach reads for book nerds. This book is great, but it took me a little bit to get into this book.

Inspector Jack Spratt is investigating the death of Humpty Dumpty found shattered to death near the wall he was sitting on in a bad part of town. Jack has lot of obstacles to face in this investigation including holding little respect as the lead detective for the Nursery Crime Division.

If you read the Nursery Rhymes, growing up you will LOVE the references throughout this book. If you want a light-heated murder mystery than this one is for you.



Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet. One day! I have read other books by him and enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like one I will enjoy! I'm always hearing such wonderful things about Fforde and I've never read him. I did grow up with all the nursery rhymes and the kiddie songs, so hopefully this book will give me a good chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first Thursday Next book, but I really loved it. Fforde is a great writer, with really cool ideas. Guess I need to get this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of these, but I'm going to do some research now. That sounds awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of these. I'm not usually a fan of murder mysteries... but I do like nursery rhymes!


    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like that I may have sparked some interest in the Nursery Crime division. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geeky Daddy, I do love lighthearted mysteries. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.

2004 Lena Girls State Trip

  This past weekend was something new for us. We decided to go to HS Girls State Basketball this year. It made it extra special that an area...